Please check back soon for our online interactive PDF for employment.
Below is a list of current job openings with H.J. Opdyke Lumber Company, Inc.
Expand the position to view job details and apply for a position!
The CDL Driver, Class A or B, is responsible for delivering lumber, building materials, and supplies to our clients as scheduled. Such deliveries will require proper inspection and maintenance of delivery equipment, the assistance of loading materials, and the reporting of proper shipment inventory to the immediate supervisor. Duties will also include assisting with the lumber yard operations as needed.
Responsibilities will include:
• Prompt and safe delivery of materials to the desired job site
• Maintenance of a current CDL A or B Commercial Driver’s License as required by law
• Maintenance of regulatory truck logs
• Proper configuration and securement of load
• Inspection of orders for accuracy
• Assistance to forklift operators when loading shipments
• Accountability for all company payments (CODs) where applicable
• Daily pre-inspection of equipment
• Assistance in recording any returned material
• Following all DOT rules and regulations
• Maintenance of delivery log
• Relay any messages from clients to supervisor
• Compliance with maintenance of a clean and safe working environment
• Assistance with lumber yard operations and all other duties as assigned
• Must be able to work a full time, 40 hour work week
• Needs to have current CDL A or B requirements in compliance with DOT regulations
• Must have a clean driving record
• Must be able to lift up to 80 lbs. utilizing safe lifting techniques
• Must be able to strap loads efficiently and safely
• Has ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos
• Has ability to write simple correspondence and effectively present information to others
• Has ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
• Needs to be able to verbally communicate with customers, fellow employees, and managers
• Must exhibit basic math skills and attention to detail
• High School Diploma or GED
• Must be a CDL A or B driver with a minimum of 2 years of experience
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL ACTIVITY (The work environment and physical activity described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
• Employee must be able to drive and operate a CDL B license required vehicle
• Employee must be able to and may be required to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects up to 50 pounds frequently and up to 80 pounds occasionally
• Employee must be physically capable of performing assistance with lumber yard operations as assigned
• Employee must have reliable transportation to and from work
> Email Resume to: Employment@opdyke.com <
The Yard Associate is responsible for fulfilling building material orders from our yard in addition to ensuring material allocations are correct. This position will also require the loading and unloading of material, maintenance of a well-stocked, clean, and orderly yard, and delivering exceptional service to our customers.